Are You An Athlete Or Active Adult Being Slowed Down By Neck and Shoulder Pain?
YOU CAN Eliminate Neck and Shoulder Pain And Stiffness - Without Medications, Surgery, Injections, Or Having To Wait To See Your Physician!
Don’t sacrifice the lifestyle you desire over problems that CAN BE FIXED! We made this for you to get started!
A Message From Dr. Nick
Are you worried about neck and shoulder pain & stiffness that doesn’t go away no matter how much you rest?
Are you frustrated that pain medications, massages, chiropractic treatments that seem to help for a little bit but keeps coming back or is no getting worse?
Are you struggling to get back to running or exercising because you’re worried your pain may get worse?
Are you concerned over a "finding" on an MRI or X-ray that you've been told surgery is ultimately the only fix?
Are you someone who values their health and is looking for a long-term solution to live a more active lifestyle without pain keeping you down?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you are in the right place!
It’s very common to think that neck and shoulder pain is nothing, that it will go away on its own with rest. It’s also common to blame it on “spasms," or constant "tightness" or that it’s just something “everyone” suffers from at some point in their life.
We've also seen individuals given misinformation that nothing but surgery will help based on imaging findings that research has proven to NOT be the cause of pain (IE. "disc herniations, degenerative disc disease, rotator cuff tears, shoulder impingement or bursitis, etc.).
If that’s happening to you, you’re definitely not alone, and we hear this type of thing all the time.
Shoulder pain in active adults is a very common problem we see in our clinic.
Your Life Does NOT Have To Be Limited By Neck and Shoulder Pain
I reached out to Dr. Nick when I was experiencing chronic pain in my rotator cuffs and couldn't do a shoulder press without feeling pain, loss of range of motion.
Dr. Nick showed me ways to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles, shoulders and coached me on how to properly use my shoulders in overhead movements for 6 weeks. About 3 weeks in, my pain went away and it hasn't come back, and my shoulders feel stronger and I am able to continue doing weightlifting. Thank you Dr. Nick!
Common LIES People are told before coming to Gray Duck
Just “rest” or take some time off from exercising and it’ll go away (then months later they’re still suffering…).
It’s “normal” with age and you just have to tolerate it.
You Need to get an expensive MRI so we can see what is "causing" your pain
Do this "stretch" to completely take your pain away!
Just take some pills and you'll be able to move and exercise for the rest of your life.
Surgery and injections are the only options.
The Truth About Shoulder Pain for Athletes and Active Adults Is...
Resting it doesn’t change anything. You might get a small temporary relief, but then when you get active again, you’ll still be suffering from neck and shoulder pain and stiffness (I bet you’ve already experienced it!).
It’s not normal to get neck and shoulder pain and stiffness as you get older! Just because something is common does NOT mean it is normal!
MRI's give FALSE answers. The exact same things are seen in the exact same frequency of MRIs in those with and WITHOUT pain. In fact non painful shoulders look the same as painful ones in the same person comparing sides!
There is no secret stretch! Stretching has been been thoroughly proven to have no long lasting effect or positive impact on performance or injury prevention.
Pain pills are addicting, dangerous, and can cause a lot of other problems with your body. Pain is an important signal for change much like hunger! Ignoring it or covering it up will have MAJOR consequences in the future.
Surgery and injections are not the only options. It’s just the only option your surgeon can offer you.
A Few Of The Neck and Shoulder Pain Diagnosis We Treat
Degenerative Disc Disease
Muscle or Ligament strain
Rotator cuff tears
Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
If You've Made It This Far Let Us Be Up Front About What You Need To Do to Fix Your Neck and Shoulder Pain
Understand Why Your Pain Has Continued
If You’re Currently Living With Neck and Shoulder Pain, Here’s 8 Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
2. You went to the doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers – but the pills did nothing to help your neck and shoulders, and as soon as they wore off chronic neck and shoulder pain struck again
3. A family member, or a friend, told you that everybody gets neck and shoulder pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, maybe even a Physical Therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help, or at least didn't help long term
5. You tried YouTube exercises or a stretching routine from a friend that "worked for them" but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your neck and shoulder pain ten times worse
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your neck and shoulder pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
7. You decided to get a few “massages” or "adjustments" hoping that would fix the pain, they might've even felt nice and relaxing or provided some relief, but didn’t do anything to fix it long term
8. You got neck or shoulder surgery or are being told you need to get neck and shoulder surgery that addresses something seen on an MRI, rather than addressing why the thing on the MRI occurred in the first place.
If you’ve tried any or all of these things already this is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
We would love to give you some solid advice over the phone in a complimentary phone call.
No obligation to book any appointments
We just want to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
TAKE OWNERSHIP and Take Action
"What Can I Do To Get Rid Of My Neck and Shoulder Pain?"
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help: So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that neck and shoulder pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed…or it gets worse.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises ... CORRECTLY: One of the best things to help you ease your neck and shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises. this does not mean learning 30 tips and tricks but committing to mastering a few that give the biggest bang for your time, no "packets" of therapy exercises. But the right exercises given is only one part of the process. In our E-book above we gave you the actual exercises we use in clinic, the difficulty is in correctly using them to make an actual change in your life and allow you to move freely again – and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your neck and shoulder even more like some exercises do).
3. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is proven to help people with neck and shoulder pain even ore so than surgery, injections, or pain medications. In fact at Gray Duck Physical Therapy it’s one of the most common injuries we see. If your neck and shoulder pain is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physical therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
PUT IN THE WORK And Expect Results
How Choosing To See A Physical Therapist At Gray Duck Physical Therapy Helps You Get Rid Of Your Neck and Shoulder Pain
Note: "We" means us + YOU, we are not going to do this for you. "We" are going to do this together
"We" can take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
"We" can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your neck and shoulder pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes
"We" can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
"We" will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and "We" will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
"We" can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
"We" can help you avoid dangerous and unnecessary neck and shoulder surgeries - and painful injections
"We" can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills
"We" can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that neck and shoulder pain has stolen from you
"We" can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right
"We" can help you be confident in using your arms overhead without the concern that you are going to injure your shoulder.
"We" can help keep you on task and focused without having to deal with headaches and constant "tightness" all day .
"We" can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic neck and shoulder pain.
When It Comes To Solving Something Serious Like Shoulder Pain And Stiffness…
You must choose the right provider for your health.
If you don’t, you could end up getting dangerous surgery (when it was unnecessary) or become dependent on addicting painkillers the rest of your life.
Getting the “least-invasive”, most natural treatment is VITAL to you stopping your neck and shoulder pain and stiffness and keeping it from ever returning.
To do that, you have to not just treat the pain, but have a provider who is willing to figure out WHY the pain happened in the first place.
That’s when you’ll get a PERMANENT solution to your problems.
Tips To Get You Started On Other Issues
All information on this website is intended for instruction and informational purposes only. The authors are not responsible for any harm or injury that may result. Significant injury risk is possible if you do not follow due diligence and seek suitable professional advice about your injury. No guarantees of specific results are expressly made or implied on this website.